Customizing default DNS
Sentora include a first step to enable to customize default DNS that are created when you run Sentora DNS Manager for the first time on a new domain. Obviously, it works ONLY when you are hosting your nameservers within Sentora.
1) Run phpMyAdmin, login as root, open the database zpanel_core.
2) If you want to change default dns records only for a specific user, open the table x_accounts, search this user and note his UserID from column ac_id_pk.
3) Go to table x_dns_create. It contains all "templates" for default DNS records to be created, one row per record. Add the new records that you want.
-> If you want to add new default record for all users that do not have personal template record, insert new rows with dc_acc_fk = 0.
Fill all required columns depending of the record you want to setup. Look for columns required in Sentora DNS_Manager, or look in already defined rows.
-> if you want to change default records only for a specific user:
- DUPLICATE all default rows you want to maintain, while changing dc_acc_fk from 0 to UserID, per example by running this SQL query in the phpmyadmin sql box:
(Do not forget to replace UserID by its value!)
- Add new rows with dc_acc_fk = UserID
As soon as the template rows are setup, they will be used to create default records, no need to reload or refresh anything..